It’s widely accepted that the single most important factor in employee engagement - and
therefore productivity - is an individual’s relationship with his or her direct manager. Yet despite
the critical nature of the role, many mangers receive little or no training.
Manager training is tailored to the specific needs of your organization. Training is often
essential for new managers, and is focused on acquiring tangible, practical skills in areas vital to
management success. Training can also be beneficial for experienced managers who can benefit
from new perspectives combined with a dose of fundamentals.
Consistent with Victor Lipman’s philosophy as author of The Type B Manager: Leading
Successfully in a Type A World, training is provided with a Type A / Type B orientation, and
management issues are sometimes, though not always, viewed from this perspective.
Victor is pleased to work with Human Resource departments and members of senior
management to carefully identify organizational problems – and craft presentations that are
individualized to address the very real management “pain points” for your company. A sampling
of topics covered may include:
- Setting clear, measurable employee objectives
- Providing candid feedback and constructive evaluations
- Employee development planning
- The importance of open, credible communication
- How to manage conflict
- Motivating and demotivating employees
- Managing difficult employees
- Managing creative employees
- Partnering effectively with Human Resources
- Finding your own management style